Hello, I’m Mr. Thorpe and I am passionate about computing. I believe that computing is a key skill for life and allows us to participate more in a rapidly changing world. Using the internet and email, for example, gives us access to ideas and it allows us to experience things from a wide range of people, communities and cultures.
There are so many great things about computing and I hope you learn to love it as much as I do.
At Rose Hill we use NCCE Teach Computing as a scheme of learning.
Why we use NCCE Teach Computing Curriculum?
- Resources include clear a overview, scaffolding, exploratory tasks, clear progression and both formative and summative assessments
- Each key stage has a clear curriculum map
- Built around an innovative progression framework where computing content has been organised into interconnected networks we call learning graphs
- Created by subject experts, using the latest pedagogical research
- The 6 strands allow the children to enjoy many elements of the computing curriculum and not just coding. Creative Media allows children to work on their creative skills whilst Computer Systems and Networks allow the children to understand computer networks including the Internet and how they can provide multiple services such as the World Wide Web.
Unfortunately, there are some worries about using the internet. Rose Hill's E-Safety Champions and I are here to make you feel comfortable and safe when online. Please visit https://www.rosehillprimary.net/safeguarding/ to find more information about keeping safe online and explore the useful websites to find out more too.
Scan me to hear our E-Safety Champions top tips on staying safe online
Scan me to hear our pupils thoughts on Computing at Rose Hill Primary School
Thank you for visiting Computing at Rose Hill.